[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Paul Korver paul at cinelicious.tv
Mon Mar 21 07:23:07 GMT 2011

Here Here Craig.  I'm all for tapeless workflows (from digital or
film), but free digital dailies??  Maybe Jeff wouldn't mind if
Cinelicious and Optimus just sent all the Phantom CINE 2K Raw files
over to Color Image Post for grading output to DNxHD with matching
timecode for editorial.  That 6:1 ratio should be free right? :)
Apparently Jeff is speaking as the owner-operator of a new post house
that has chosen not to invest in telecine or film scanning equipment.
Nothing wrong with that of course... quite common lately... but it
sort of gives some insight into why he is so down on film.

Paul "not tired of grain" Korver
Principal
Cinelicious