[Tig] hdcam aliasing and illegal luminance

Steve Roberts steve.roberts at bbc.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 09:14:05 GMT 2011

I would imagine that the artefacts are produced because of the sample
conversion between 1920 pixels incoming to 1440 on tape and then back
out to 1920 again on replay - maybe a sharpening algorithm? Not seen
this myself, but then again we tend to be pretty much SR only these days
too.

Steve Roberts
Senior Post Production Engineer
>BBC Studios and Post Production
>
>020 857 64556
>Room B093 Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

www.bbcstudiosandpostproduction.com

BBC Studios and Post Production Ltd, Registered Office Television
Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ, Registered Number 3593793 England