[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Jean-Clement Soret jean-c at moving-picture.com
Mon Mar 21 18:13:21 GMT 2011

>Jeff Heuser throws down the good point too that digital is also a
>creative choice.

Sorry but I've never heard anything like this, everyone I work with say
they had to shoot digitally for budget reasons and most of the time
realise they don't save much money at all, and everytime you ask the DP if
he had the choice says "film, anytime" As for grain it is interesting that
since it has been available as an effect on Baselight a few weeks ago,
everyone shooting digitally jumps on that grain plug-in like flies on
honey and for what reason exactly? I'll let you guess...
We all know the Alexa is a step in the right direction, anything else
digital is just a nightmare to work with.

Jean-Clement Soret
Colourist
MPC
London