[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Angel Carrasco acarrasco at e-mutation.com
Mon Mar 21 20:31:02 GMT 2011

Hi Ken,

You don't need whole night to handle with solid state, you can do it real
time, and get your dailies at the tome, MXF, MOV or whatever, no
compression, no VTR, no cables, just a Macbook now....

On 21/3/11 18:16, "Ken Robinson" <ken at flight4.org> wrote:

Digital Vision is patron of
> the TIG.
Marquise Technologies supports the TIG.
Colorist Directory at
> http://tig.colorist.org/wiki/Category:Colorist
====

Come on Rob... This looks
> like fun.

We havent seen a good argument in ages...

Even I have moved over
> from film to HDcamSR and Pro Res... And cant find a
good way to store
> images.

Case in point:

5 week Cineflex helicopter shoot in the southern most
> tip (or nearly) of
Argentina. Plenty of time to argue about whether the system
> should be
changed to solid state storage, buy a second HDCamSR as a back up or
> just
stick to the single deck that we had.

Solid state storage meant a huge
> investment and staying up all
night transferring the days work, while a single
> tape deck could go wrong at
any minute... But the media is relatively
> cheap...

BTW we shot 54 tapes in the end.... And came to no conclusion!

Ken
> Robinson
(now wants to drive a AS350 B3 or Bell 407 full time)

On 21 March

http://reels.colorist.org
http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3