[Tig] Premature Death of SR

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Mon Mar 28 19:55:46 BST 2011

HD Cam SR is in short supply worldwide as is all Sony digital videotape.

There have been several stories about this situation and it's affect
on Sony in the Sendai area. One thing is clear: The quake/tsunami was
devastating. Add the nuclear fallout evacuation zone and the unstable
AC power source, one might conclude that it looks rather grim.

http://www.ventureoutsource.com/contract-manufacturing/defining-
disaster-japan-impact-japanese-global-electronics-industry-supply-chains

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/21/business/global/21sony.html?
_r=3&pagewanted=1&src=busln

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Affect-of-Japan-Quake-on-
Semiconductor-Industry-Still-Unclear-742426/

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110316a6.html

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Advanced Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)