[Tig] Bearer of bad news.

Rich Torpey rich at torpey.com
Tue Mar 29 17:09:24 BST 2011

I'm very surprised that the tape dubs and up/down rez part of the
business has held up at all. Three years ago 90% of our material was
delivered on tape for both long form and commercials. Today over 90% of
the commercials are ftp'd and the long form is catching up fast. The
tragedy in Japan is accelerating the move to digital delivery as SR was
the standard for network delivery. Our automatic ingest takes in a file,
flips it to our format and generates proxies for S&P, then sends it to
archive automatically - that's a lot of work now done automatically!
Rich Torpey - Viacom