[Tig] Bearer of bad news.

sklein54 at earthlink.net sklein54 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 18:05:51 BST 2011

I wonder if the atrophie of the large post house is keeping pace with overall downward business trend though.
On the other point if a guy can build a cottage business as an all-in-one finisher more power to them, but the 'finishing station' concept has been discussed here for years and it will never replace the trust between production and their very specialized colorist talent.
When a D.P. can save production $70,000.00 a day in set up time knowing that his 'super-expert finishing guy can make it awesome afterwards, it's money well spent. That means the job goes to a seasoned proven colorist, not a 'colorist-editor' 'pet groomer-watch repairman' or any other an 'all-in-one' dude. (no disrespect) A colorist like that bills for color and can't afford to take his skill-set off line to do the other ancillary work of finishing.
I refer back to my post here of last week where I compliment the community for it's ongoing high standards. The day nobody wants to pay for the best colorist talent is the day nobody cares about the pictures at all.
Thanks and have a great day.