[Tig] Bearer of bad news.

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Wed Mar 30 16:02:39 BST 2011

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Jim Lindelien wrote:
>> Speaking of laments, I see that today the Wall Street Journal listed "Video
>> Postproduction Services" among the top 10 dying industries.
>>
>> http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/03/28/top-10-dying-industries/

>There is not necessarily cause for alarm.  While postproduction may be
>waning, the jobs are likely simply moving closer to the source since
>we have more video media than ever.  It is simply a matter of
>classification.  Some may be taking up new jobs in production.

Yeah. New jobs in production paying what people were making in 1990.

Aren't you in your mid-80's? If I were that age, I wouldn't be alarmed either.

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT and Video Controller extraordinaire.
The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.©

High quality images for more than three decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©