[Tig] Flattening Globe

Cem Ozkilicci cemoz101 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 14:09:51 BST 2011

"Rather than having people working on shifts in London or LA, they work during
the day
in different locations this way we can have labour intensive work done
within the client's deadline."

Exactly. Because it IS cheaper to hire talent abroad to work during the day (and
possibly night) than it is to employ someone to work the night shift locally in
either London or LA. If labour was the same price as London or LA and no one
moaned about working the night shift or wanted extra incentives to do the work,
why would anyone want their work to be MILES away when it can all be in one hub
or between companies locally? ... Clearly it is a question of money, not
deadlines.

"The artists in Bangalore and Beijing are very enthusiactic, competent and
proud to work with the London and LA MPC motherships."

I have no doubt. It would mean the world to anyone in Bangalore or Beijing to
work under MPC or the like.

"As for labour laws and hours I have no doubt everyone is treated fairly but
please feel free
to give us a call so we can answer your questions."

I never knew PR was your domain Jean-Clement ... :) But seriously, labour laws
or not, it is easier to have people work long hours or extra time in various
markets. Try employing a handful of workers in Denmark and ask them to do the
extra shift, they will direct you to the Danish labour offices website and show
you the 37 hours a week clause under Danish law... I doubt they have that in
India.

Cem Ozkilicci
Colourist
www.cocolors.com