[Tig] 7D with Log-C

trovak at comcast.net trovak at comcast.net
Mon May 16 18:58:48 BST 2011

Thanks Craig. I will check that out.

Tom
----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Leffel" <craig at optimus.com>
To: trovak at comcast.net
Cc: "tig" <tig at colorist.org>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 12:52:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Tig] 7D with Log-C

Yeah, I figured as much. I should have been more clear and said Color correct with a manual exposure curve, and stay away from a rec 709 lut, or any other hard mapping to video space.
If you can separate exposure, blacks and whites on one curve and make your own linear or pseudo S curve, that's the way to go. Bending the H264 codec to your will takes patience and manual tools. Then again, Steve Shaw has Luts for sale specifically to deal with 5 and 7 D footage. Check out his DI list, or Light Illusion for more info.
He seems to be selling the crap out of his profiles right now.

CL