[Tig] Title/action safe

Andrew Lim andrew at boxstudios.com
Thu May 19 15:16:32 BST 2011

Hi all,
Does anybody know a good place to get hold of safe area templates, especially for film (as opposed to TV, although that would help too). I know most software out there has some sort of inbuilt safe area but I don't know how much I trust them. I just want to know if there is a standard and where I could get hold of a tif/psd of either one for all ratios or separate ones. Failing that is there a particular formula for deciding on title and action safe areas? It seems as though from what I can find action safe is 90% of image area and title safe is 90% of action safe.
Thanks
Andrew