[Tig] Eizo alternative to HP Dreamcolor display?

Daniel danmitre at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 06:00:29 BST 2011

Interesting
Thanks Christian

 Best
George Daniel Mitre

________________________________
From: Christian Lessner <Christian.Lessner at optixdigital.de>
To: tig at colorist.org
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2011, 16:45
Subject: Re: [Tig] Eizo alternative to HP Dreamcolor display?

Support from Nucoda www.imagesystems.tv
Bill Laverty supports the TIG
====

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback so far!

The situation with the Dreamcolor over here in Germany is that it seems to be out of stock at the moment. Our supplier here checked in with various sources and estimates it might be delivered "in a few weeks".

I currently have a rental Eizo CG243 on my desk for evaluation with the mobile Resolve. I will put it alongside the Lustre tomorrow and see if we can get it to be a good enough match to suffice for a first on-set grading. Mobility is the important factor here, we are not looking to replace the big CRTs, it has to be a small portable kit for on-set work. So a 50+ inch Plasma is too large and the Cinetal/Barco league is too expensive for the purpose.

I will report back when we have done some testing on the Eizo. But again, thanks for the feedback so far. It sounds like we might just wait for the Dreamcolor.

Cheers,
Christian