[Tig] Down with 4x3 TRUE QUALITY versus COST

videogenie at aol.com videogenie at aol.com
Sun May 29 00:34:06 BST 2011

<His response was "We ran focus groups on this, and if the people even noticed>
<what was happening, no one mentioned it. No one cared. It works for us.">
I was called into the owner of a popular Post facility in LA .(80's). the owner complemented me on my transfers and the quality of the image.. after thanking him .. He then said.. now stop spending so much time making it look good and get it out nobody gives a S--- and the majority do not even know there is a difference in the picture quality,,, it seems that this mind set has started all over again in our Industry... the OLDER of us and the NEW SCHOOL seem to be at odds on how our product should look when it is submitted for broadcast.. it takes the joy out of being a true craftsman.. if your work is not appreciated or even wanted some of the colourist/editors no longer spend time working on their craft and those of us who spend the time sharpening our skill set become cost prohibitive due to the time taken to correct the image to the best possible for broadcast delivery..  There is a very well known post facility that when I worked for them they expected 1 reel a day now it is DOWN and DIRTY.. not having been around behind a console for a period of time can anyone let me know what facilities are considered TOP of the line... Thank You

*)0(* bls
barry shankman
SVB Consulting Services < CTO >
bls film & video llc

I don't know if this is even worse, but here's a story:

His response was "We ran focus groups on this, and if the people even noticed
what was happening, no one mentioned it. No one cared. It works for us."

So there you have it. The people racing to the bottom now have rockets
strapped to their backs.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC