[Tig] Kris Kolodziejski, Testimonial and eulogy

Jean-Francois Panisset panisset at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:48:49 GMT 2012

Back when I was at Discreet Logic, I visited Kris at Destiny 601 in
Copenhagen (late 90s?). Back then he was doing this crazy "digital
intermediate" thing on his Inferno, using direct capture of DPX frames
from his Spirit over Hippi. He was incredibly enthusiastic and
knowledgeable about the technology, as well as a generous host. His
efforts to educate us might have been a bit too early: Discreet didn't
really "get" color grading / digital intermediate until a few years
later when they started the relationship with Colorfront. He was
definitely one of the pioneers.

JF Panisset
Psyop