[Tig] Film Timer Question

wbpags rickpags at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 15:21:27 GMT 2012

  Hey All,

     I have a friend who needs some input on the role of a film timer. While I've worked for 2 labs in my career and
have a solid understanding of film from pre-production to post production, I was hoping a film timer out there might
put this into a more succinct manner. All replies greatly appreciated.

"Quick question. FIlm Timers - what do they do exactly?  Am writing a term paper and want to explain the role.  For example, if I want to transfer a film for preservation purposes, what would the timer's role be on my transfer process? "

 Thanks,
  Rick