[Tig] Seeing Red (was Re: Why Whites May Not Match)

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Thu Feb 2 21:33:57 GMT 2012

I'm beginning to think that I don't see colors the way other people do,
in a way that's somewhat significant.  Specifically, there are times
when I see red in an image that other people think looks neutral.  This
has been a problem most of all in the Dreamcolor monitor series.  I see
the calibrated white point as extremely red even when we've calibrated
it (and especially compared to the plasma).  I had a couple other people
in the office compare the two and what they think is a match looks
definitely wrong to me (dreamcolor red, plasma neutral).  And what I see
as a match they see as incorrect (dreamcolor blue/green, plasma
neutral).

So my question is, how can I figure out if what I'm seeing is based in
some sort of physical reality, or if I'm just a disabled colorist?

cheers,
Owen Williams
--
Co-Founder / Colorist