[Tig] To LUT or Not to LUT

Janet Falcon janet at shootersinc.com
Fri Feb 17 18:47:44 GMT 2012

But don't forget, we did have a form of LUTs back with film.  They just weren't called that.  They were a basemem set up on a particular TAF that got us started out.  We also had chip charts and grey scales which never make it into a finished commercial.  I'm not completely convinced either way about using LUTs with log material or not.  I do both depending on the workflow of a particular job.

-Janet Falcon
Senior Colorist
Shooters Inc.