[Tig] Alexa. Lut or no Lut

trovak at comcast.net trovak at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 19:57:31 GMT 2012

No. I have seen too many times when the LogC to Rec709 clips or crushes and/or just doesn't look balanced. I always look at LUTs provided to me by DoP's, to get some idea what they were going for, but do not use them when grading. Don't know how VFX people use them.

Tom Rovak – Sr. DI Colorist
Commercials, Feature Films, Music Videos

Foundation Content/Post - Chicago/Los Angeles
200 East Ohio Street
Suite 200
Chicago IL 60611
(312)951-8734 Office