[Tig] Alexa. Lut or no Lut

Janet Falcon janet at shootersinc.com
Fri Feb 17 21:47:30 GMT 2012

I get that the people who are responding are choosing not to use LUTs.  I was just wondering if it was due to the limited range when they are put on in the input.  Normally I don't use any LUTs when grading for tv, but I was experimenting the other day with Alexa footage and trying the LUT in the output.  It worked pretty well, but I was just playing with a few shots.  I was just curious if anyone, maybe someone who hasn't already responded, had worked that way and had an opinion about it, good or bad.

-Janet