[Tig] Alexa. Lut or no Lut

Joey D'Anna joeydanna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:54:32 GMT 2012

I've had pretty good luck grading alexa using a LUT on output, both in
after effects and in pablo.
I'll put the LUT on totally downstream and do all the grading before it.

Pablo actually slightly changes its color math if you tell it your working
with log material, which makes it respond pretty smoothly. AE doesn't
really do that, but working with curves, levels, color finesse and the
builtin keyers, you can get some pretty good results.

Sometimes I lie to the arri lut generator website to get a LUT that is a
bit less intense, and that helps. Its kind of a guess and check process
depending on the footage