[Tig] TIG Tshirts for all

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Feb 22 01:16:05 GMT 2012

thanks for the advice Bob.  hm, I skpped over Large, eh.  Just wash the XL one 30 times hot and dry 30 times hot and there you are

On Feb 21, 2012, at 5:05 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm getting size requests from subscribers.  I apologize, but I can't track that until later.  what I need is an estimate from which to place the order...
>
> It is not clear if colorists are fatter or skinnier than normal.  If they are 'normal' then there are standard lot ratios for sizes used by the garment industry.  If a store purchase one lot of a certain style men's shirt, then they know how many of each size they will obtain according to industry standard.  The same is true for shoes. The stores don't make such decisions.
>
> It seems likely that the standard lot sizing ratios for mens shirts may be found on the web via a Google search.

I leave it to the enterprising TIG subscriber to help with the Stanford Sizing Ratios for Men's Shirts.  Since I grew up in NYC, we used the Manhattan Size Ratio for hats, the Queens Sizing Ratio for the Western Village, and the Bronx Cheer for everyone else.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org
TIG founder/admin, colorist