[Tig] End Titles

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Sun Feb 26 11:10:12 GMT 2012

Hi all

Maybe this is slightly off topic.
But here goes anyway.

Sometimes I see end credits that studder/strobe/flicker.
I think there is a 'common rule' to follow to not get that.
Anyone knows those rules and would like to share it?

I suppose that the strobing comes from an interference between the speed of
the rolling text (line per second) and the framerate (50i/50p/24p/25p...),
but does the font-size have an effect?
If it looks good in 1920x1080 in 25p... Will it look the same after its
been shot out to film and projected in 24?
If the DI was done in 1920x1080 (with a 2,35 letterbox) and then converted
to 2048x1080 (with 2,35 letterbox) will it still look the same?

Any comments appreciated.

/Carl

(Sent from mobile device)
*Carl Skaff*