[Tig] End Titles

Jim Houston jdhouston at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 19:09:03 GMT 2012

For 1.85, it should take about 13 seconds to go from bottom of screen to top at 24fps.
But the more exact timing is that you want the leading edge of the text to move across
an integral number of lines per frame (for 1080, 3 or 4 lines per frame) to avoid
 temporal aliasing.

On TI-DLP's, you can still have an edge flicker happen because DMD mirrors
 have a hard time going directly from full black to full white.  Blurring the titles
 a little can help this out by giving a pixel or two of grey.  Also titles should only be
 at about 80% full range luminance.

The font type can have more of a negative effect than the actual size.
Thin horizontal strokes need to be avoided (chinese fonts are the worst for that).

Hard to answer on the difference between 25fps and 24fps without looking at it
 and knowing how close to the 'edge' the font and speed is.

Jim Houston
Pasadena, CA