[Tig] _Hugo_

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Feb 27 14:52:32 GMT 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Joey D'Anna wrote:

> Yea my 3D tv is really nicely calibrated. It looked just awful out of the
> box like all consumer TVs do, but ive got it looking as close to dead on
> perfect as i think is possible.
>
> Not to get into the whole active/passive debate - but i have one of the new
> LG passive 3D LCDs, and short of professional projectors and passive
> monitors, it is by far the best 3d monitor ive seen.

Not to get into the whole active/passive debate, but aren't you losing
at least 50% of the vertical resolution, and likely quite a lot of the
horizontal as well (perhaps 50% again)?  If there is any interlacing
in the delivery, then you are suffering even more from that.  You are
likely looking at a 960x540 image (best case), but more realistically,
an image with less clarity than DVD.

I did see a nice demo of passive projection, but the demo used two
projectors so that there would not be a loss of resolution, provided
that the projector images were perfectly aligned.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn