[Tig] _Hugo_

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Mon Feb 27 16:32:35 GMT 2012

Bob Friesenhahn wrote
 I did see a nice demo of passive projection, but the demo used two
projectors so that there would not be a loss of resolution, provided
that the projector images were perfectly aligned.
I understood that in 3D mode, where one projector Is left eye,
the other right, that “perfect alignment” was not essential.
I think I heard figures for example of Imax 3D that an error of several inches
out of alignment was not noticeable in 3D.
I guess this is because our eyes automatically re-converge for any small errors.
Of course in 2D perfect alignment is essential.
It would be interesting to know what the maximum error is in 3D as I guess
none of us have eyes that are 100% converged at rest on infinity and our
eye muscles must always be making these small corrections.
Cheers
Peter