[Tig] 8bit vs 10bit for TV

Riza Nur Pacalioglu riza at silver.co.uk
Fri May 4 13:40:46 BST 2012

"(I have never watched a film on LCD/ Plasma or an IPAD. Only on CRT or DLP, how sad am I ! )"

How well informed you are, sir :-)

I'm sticking to my trusty 37" Toshiba CRT TV until they invent a better TV technology. I even bought another one from eBay at £50 in case mine breaks down and the guy even delivered!

All that talk about resolution is nonsense to me when the colour rendition, gamma inconsistencies and image artefacts are all over the image. I'll chose an old but quality CRT TV over a modern HD flat-screen TV every time.

Regards

Riza Nur Pacalioglu M.Sc.
Producer
Silver Productions, Salisbury, England