[Tig] New "Look" or not?

Juan Salvo js at grsv.com
Thu May 10 05:26:04 BST 2012

Congratulations. You've certainly created a unique look that's gotten
people talking. ;)

Clearly there is a low con trend that has really taken off since the
introduction of Alexa and log-C, as Dan Moran pointed to in it's extreme
we're basically looking at straight up log, as in this spot.

I probably had some thoughts on the look of Girls that I've walked back
since looking at that spot. But I do find it interesting that some of the
web promo pieces for Girls seemed to have a bit more contrast than the
show. Was a different LUT used on the dailies for the pilot?

There is the additional wrench in the works that many consumer sets are
overly contrasty. Since most of us in this business have rather well
adjusted sets, I wonder if we're not experiencing these low-con looks
differently than the average consumer. Maybe to them this looks right, for
a change.