[Tig] New "Look" or not?

Michele Ricossa mricossa at rumblefish.it
Thu May 10 10:51:08 BST 2012

Hi there,

here in Italy the flat look is very popular since 1 or 2 years.

Unfortunately, unlike what Sam wrote, rarely this look was created in
pre production but is imposed during the grade session with every kind
of footages (I'm talking about commercials).

I think that with a good scenography and a research on the color palette
of the image this look can be great but the request from the agency (and
also from some dops) to have it always is very annoying and a bad habit..

Here for example a commercial that I graded some months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8s0UH2acp8 ...

I'm not very happy about it!

Michele Ricossa