[Tig] Tetrachromancy

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Mon Sep 10 08:09:51 BST 2012

I wish I could examine this in more detail but it has already been done on the TIG in years past.

Women have an extra X chromosome.  This makes for some very interesting color variations between
men and women.  I could refer you to:

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/women-see-more-color/

but I'm not sure that this is definitive.  (be careful what you believe on the published internet).

I have always noticed that women, when in the grading suite, are able to see nuances of color difference
that I, the colorist, am amazed they can discern.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org