[Tig] CRTS and CCDs, Battle Royale

Martin Southworth martinsouthworth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:25:15 BST 2012

The film look thin is so subjective as to be almost meaningless - to some
it comes down to frame rate because the is how they saw films on TV on
Sunday morning when they were 7, however I will bite and say that C-Reality
was the best.

It's disadaantage was that it was easy to get a crap image out, with a bit
of work, you could get a stunning image.  With Spirit, it was easy to get a
good image and it was very forgiving of badly shot film.

I worked with people who refused to use C-Reality for 16mm because they
couldn't set up the detectors properly and got noisy images.  I now
freelance and pick up jobs where people decode Red files at half res good
to DPX and get noisy images that need regrading properly.  It's all the
same and I make a decent living doing stuff properly

--
Martin Southworth, Colourist

Telephone; 07789 508 758