[Tig] IBC Without Telecines

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Sep 13 15:30:09 BST 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, quinn richardson wrote:

> The other thing to consider is more and more companies are dropping out of shows.
> Apple is no longer at any of the trade shows and Avid abandoned trade shows for a brief bit.
> With budgets the way they are for clients and companies, they have to make a decision where their money is best spent.
> Setting up a booth at a major tradeshow I'm sure is expensive.

Given that Apple is the richest company in the world, their absence is
either strategic or indicates disdain.

Apple's entire focus is on just three mobile products (iPhone, iPad,
iPod) and the portal which feeds them.  These three mobile products
are responsible for perhaps 90% of the corporate value.

Apple only offers a single computer (Mac Pro, based on outdated
hardware) which is really capable of supporting the needs of
postproduction and they no longer offer a RAID storage product.  On
the Apple web site, all of Apple's apps (including for video) are
shown running on laptops.  With the extreme focus on mobile is the
Apple creative power-user at risk?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn