[Tig] IBC Without Telecines

Dan Tatut dtatut at marquise-tech.com
Thu Sep 13 15:56:22 BST 2012

On 9/13/2012 4:30 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> Given that Apple is the richest company in the world, their absence is
> either strategic or indicates disdain.

I do not think Apple's absence is either strategic or because of
disdain. They simply sit in another market. And their market is much
bigger than the post/film/broadcast industry anyway. Besides this, the
typical attitude of Apple customers is to have small, cheap gadgets and
get software for free. As far as I know only BMD is doing this these days.

Telecines still do make sense in the archive environments but there is
little point is manufacturing new ones. Same goes with film scanners as
their market too is pretty much saturated.

--
*Dan Tatut*
*VP Business Strategy & Development*

phone: +41 22 364 54 71