[Tig] Resolve dvd dailies question

Buck Bito buck at vtc-sf.com
Fri Sep 21 19:00:50 BST 2012

Hi Justin,
Since you are going out to prores, I'm going to assume you have FCS in
which case Compressor has a consumer-oriented preset I stumbled across the
other day (FCS2/2009) that will down-res to SD, transcode, build and burn
to DVD in one shot. So that would knock it down to a 2-step process (or 3
if you count dropping a disc in the drawer). I haven't used it personally,
but my guess is that it won't generate any obnoxious menu and will build
with a 'first-play' of title 1...
-Buck Bito

Lawrence "Buck" Bito

Video Transfer Center
395 South Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94103
M-F 9-6 | SAT 10-4

Phone: (415) 558.8815
FAX: (415) 558.8993
Web: http://www.vtc-sf.com

On Fri, September 21, 2012 3:25 am, justin lovell wrote:
> Support from Blackmagic Design www.blackmagic-design.com
> =====
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good, fast workflow for creating dvd dailies from
resolve? Originating material is regular 16mm film scans 4x3.

> Currently I am rendering an hd prores,  then bringing it into after
effects.  Creating a ntsc 720x480 timeline scaling the image 43% and
rendering a cbr 7 mpeg 2 file.  Then taking that file into adobe encore
and