[Tig] TV Settings

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Tue Sep 25 16:34:58 BST 2012

My impression is that Steve Jobs' legacy pronouncement is that "Apple
is a mobile company".  Be that as it may, the central display target
that Apple has with their larger displays is big, shiny and
glossy.... and where do you think it would be manufactured anyway?

As far as Toshiba is concerned, I've got a from-down-the-street
'remaindered' 26AF45C (CRT), serial number BAB505004135_A that is as
9300K as you can get.  Its *only* practical application is for
checking interlaced field dominance.  I have sent full-sepia brown
treatments to it and it comes up as nicely black&white mono as a 4"
Conrac B&W that we used to have in the racks.  Don't even try to set
the brightness/contrast. But I did get it for about a hundred bucks.

On 25-Sep-12, at 7:59 AM, Riza Nur Pacalioglu wrote:

> Let's hope Apple enters the TV market :-)

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4