[Tig] TV Settings

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Tue Sep 25 17:34:32 BST 2012

You will have to defend your thesis against the historical precedent
of reverse compatibility with NTSC/PAL and all that Y'CbCr stuff -- I
mean, WHO really needs black & white compatibility anymore --
really?  I am fully aware that the consumer/electronics business
model is entirely based on planned plus perceived obsolescence.
Unfortunate that the sector of the industry that observes standards
*as negotiated* is perceived and pushed into obsolescence.  Perhaps
its just Darwinian, but a world in which there are no rules is just a
jungle and we shouldn't bother with pretending to be a civilization.

On 25-Sep-12, at 10:20 AM, Alexander Black wrote:

> sRGB/709 is a tiny little sad piece
> of crap compared to the displays that are available now.

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4