[Tig] TV Settings

Riza Nur Pacalioglu riza at silver.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 18:38:48 BST 2012

"Regardless, unless there is sufficient time in the manufacturing process for automated screen calibration against a standard, the results are likely not very repeatable"

Granted it is just one sample, but I dare anyone to find a TV that can display such colour accuracy as the New iPad.

http://www.displaymate.com/Gamut_6.html

As shocking as it may sound, there is NO monitor that you can realistically hire for on-set use, which can match the colour accuracy of the new iPad. We use multiple iPads on set and on location and never noticed any colour differences at the conditions we are using them. I cannot tell that for the so called 'professional' Panasonic or similar monitors. Broadcast monitors are a different story, but we are talking about consumer devices after all.

Riza Nur Pacalioglu M.Sc.
Producer
Silver Productions, Salisbury, England
http://silver.co.uk