[Tig] This is pretty cool….

joeydanna at gmail.com joeydanna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 03:58:25 BST 2013

Wow,  that really is cool. Obviously not going to replace a professional film scanner any time soon, but still a really cool application for 3d printers and arduino.

I wonder what they are using for a light source? I assume its controlled by the arduino, which also runs the motors and a trigger for the camera. Probably a few LEDs triggered by the arduino. Uniformity could be an issue.

Long reels could be an issue too unless you have a dslr that can tether. Your gonna go thru a lot of SD cards at full quality.

Either way it looks like a cool project to try. But maybe I'm just desperate for a reason to buy a 3d printer, I've been thinking about it for months.