[Tig] Measuring a DCI-theatre projector - new vs old lamp

Ken Robinson flight4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:06:45 GMT 2013

Hi Carl,

I cant really comment on DCP projectors, but I can regarding Spirit. The
whole point of that machine and its feedback loop was that if you changed
the lamp within the correct time, colour temp never changed.... Well at
least for me! The only time I had a problem was when I turned up somewhere
as a freelance, didnt check the lamp hours, started grading wondering why I
couldnt see through the film very well.... Some hours into the grade I
decided to have a look at the lamp hours... 4000+, so changed the lamp, and
everything came back! The exposure was so different that I dont remember if
temp changed or not.

Ken

Ken Robinson