[Tig] ProRes444 necessary when grading BW

Joey D'Anna joeydanna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 22:05:25 GMT 2013

Is it shot black and white, or shot color and converted to b/w?

If it was shot color, I would do it in 444, it could help to have that
extra data to pull secondaries based on the full color shot if you need to

if its something like a black and white film scan, I think your probably
right, 444 wont give you much of a benefit.