[Tig] Kodachrome 40--Passed Away

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Mar 27 18:09:12 GMT 2013

On Mar 27, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Warren Eagles wrote:

> I want to take my Super8 camera away for Easter, but can I still get K40 processed?
>
> Warren
> Colorist
> Australia

Sadly, no.

The last Kodachrome run in the world was at Dwayne's in Parson's Kansas, on Dec. 30, 2012.  Down from 25 labs worldwide at the height of Kodachrome's 75 years as an active product.

Dwayne's was forced to quit after Kodak ended making the chemistry.

Kodak announced the end of reversal film manufacture in December, 2012, and inventories were estimated to be three to four month's supply, "...depending on demand."

So, unless you can find some S8 reversal sitting on a shelf—and get that processed quickly, you'll be shooting only negative.

Kodak announced the introduction of Vision3 50D for Super8.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us

iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931
Office: 	(530) 741-1212
ted at flashscan8.us
SKYPE: 	TedLangdell

See us at
NAB, Las Vegas, April 8-11, 2013, SL-13107

AMIA Conference 2013, Richmond VA, November 6-9, 2013

Ask about on-site hands-on "Transfer Experience" opportunities