[Tig] Blackmagic Cintel Scanner

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Mon Apr 7 17:49:48 BST 2014

> Scanner as sculpture / sex object.

In the future all scanning will be done by long legged women.

> Wonder what the delivery timeline is?

Probably a while BMD didn't have any specs even on it.

> Where are the shading boards and digiscan - guess they are in the rack like Millennium!
> Does it have the Kinesis option?
> Yes, I’m old!

All on a chip, it's a Ditto re-imagined with a BMD "4K" bayer mask color sensor from their camera in a box with a LED light and film transport.

> Kinda wish I could make the business case - if it actually works and has delivery!

Well it's an interesting time to be in the lab business….;-) the cost of scanning had to be driven down by computers at some point. Glad I didn't buy a used Spirit….

Robert Houllahan
VP - Colorist
HD-2K-3K-4K Data Scans
8mm-16mm-35mm Lab