[Tig] TR: Lamp duration

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Tue Apr 15 18:19:57 BST 2014

I had a Spirit for a good 8ish years and I never had a lamp fail before the
'recommended' 1000hrs.
Only if we did a extreme amount of power off/on (as happens during fault
searching on a beast like that).

Usually I forgot to change lamp and they died at about 1200-2000hrs.

If your lamps at popping after 300hrs you are either powering it down every
night, or have bad cooling. I would guess.

Make sure everything is 'in place' in the lampbox and all the cooling
flangs (or what the word is) are intact.
And that you use the heat-paste correctly when fitting a new lamp.

That's the only thing I can think of.
Good luck.

Keep the film running.
/Carl

--
CARL SKAFF
COLORIST STOPP/POST PRODUCTION

STOPP/STHLM
ODENGATAN 104
113 22 STOCKHOLM
OFFICE +46 8 507 035 00 <+46%208%20507%20035%2000>

STHLM | NYC | LA
WWW.STOPP.SE <http://www.stopp.se/>

Follow me on Instagram @Colorist_CarlSkaff