[Tig] Blackmagic Cintel Scanner

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Sat Apr 19 19:08:17 BST 2014

>UHD is indeed not 4K film. Odd choice from an archive perspective, not
>as off from a newly acquired film perspective.

If you want to leverage the sensors you already use in your camera(s), seems
to me to not be an odd choice at all.

Not a huge BM fan here - I've never subscribed to the "cheaply made but good
enough" philosophy they seem to use for hardware. I also dislike how quickly
they seem to abandon products.

Having said that, I'll add that they have come out with some very innovative
products that have significantly impacted the industry, but it sure would be
nice if they spent a little extra money making their stuff mechanically sound.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT, Video Controller, and live compositor extraordinaire.

High quality images for more than three decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©