[Tig] Lighting color media "gel" swatch samples wanted

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Dec 5 22:04:24 GMT 2014

> On Dec 3, 2014, at 5:16 PM, David Tosh via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:
>
> I want to do some forensics on faded printing on a label using differential wavelength viewing. I would try various illumination and see if viewing through the color media swatches could reveal the printing.

An interesting project.  Do art historians, art museum experts, and perhaps art forgery analysts, do something similar in their work?

> In the past, I have had Rosco samples in a "book" of samples that is perhaps half the height of a business card. Anyone have an idea where I could obtain one in Southern California this week?

I’m a little late in responding, but found this at Amazon (and there are other gel books- I did a web search for “color gel samples”):

http://www.amazon.com/Rosco-Lux-Small-Swatchbook/dp/B0002ER2YG

To use Amazon seems somehow a neutering of the quest in finding and purchasing important items.

—
Rob Lingelbach    http://rob.colorist.org
rob at colorist.org