[Tig] Paramount calls time on 35mm

Ted Langdell tedlangdell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:59:03 GMT 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 8:31 AM, Paul Korver wrote
<snip>
> Writing this from a cafe in Park City where the three films we worked on that shot film got into Sundance 2014 (Ping Pong Summer, Low Down, Boyhood)… the digital ones did not. In fact the last two Sundance festivals were won by indies shot on S16mm.  Half of the films up for Best Picture or Best Cinematography Oscars this year were shot all or in part on film.  My point is that the most important aspects of film.... Image Acquisition and Archival Preservation are alive and well.
<snip>
> Here's to decades more of having film as an option for acquisition and archival preservation.
>
> -Paul
> http://cinelicious.tv

Congratulations, Paul.

How much influence do you think film as a medium had on the acceptance of the film-originated movies as compared to digital originated movies?

What other observations are you making at Sundance regarding film as compared to digital?

We hope your desire to have film as an acquisition and archival medium is realized for a long time.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us
See us at:
NAB 2014, Las Vegas, April -10, 2014, SL-15714
Free Exhibits Pass registration! Use our number: LV9822