[Tig] Paramount calls time on 35mm

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Tue Jan 21 20:45:25 GMT 2014

I'm surprised that this was the first Hollywood film to be distributed in
DCP-only.

I'm not sure. But I would actually be surprised if ANY of the Swedish films
where last year was distributed as Print... I would believe that most was
actually mastered in HD and stored on an HDSR before making a 2K-DCP.

But that's probably due to havering (almost) a monopoly on the Theaters. So
once they decided to go Digital, the whole country swapped to Digital.

How are other 'domestic' markets around the world?
Any French DI-people here to comment?
India?
Anyone from any developing countries that can comment? I can imagine that
even though it might be cheaper to go all digital in the long run, I
suppose it needs a big investment up front to get it going.

/Carl

--
CARL SKAFF
COLORIST STOPP/POST PRODUCTION

STOPP/STHLM
ODENGATAN 104
113 22 STOCKHOLM
OFFICE +46 8 507 035 00 <+46%208%20507%20035%2000>

STHLM | NYC | LA
WWW.STOPP.SE <http://www.stopp.se/>