[Tig] TV dramas graded darker than similar movies?

Riza Pacalioglu riza at silver.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 22:19:34 GMT 2014

"the available access rates at home are very low"

I hear that from all Americans but according to current data US have ample download rate for video streaming.

The average download rate in US is listed as 20Mbps, which is perfectly sufficient to stream broadcast quality HD video AND only 10% less than the UK average.

http://www.netindex.com/download/2,1/United-States/
http://www.netindex.com/download/2,4/United-Kingdom/

The above figures are gathered from real, measured speeds of millions of tests. They are pretty correct.

As far as I can see it is the broadcasters who are for whatever the reason doing things wrong. Maybe that's why Netflix is so successful?

Riza Pacalioglu
Producer
Salisbury, UK
silver.co.uk