[Tig] Largest video gamut?

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Wed Jan 29 16:08:15 GMT 2014

Or is that "more contrasty?"   The manufacturer nomenclature surrounding the use of the term "brightness" and "contrast" seem ambiguous to me sometimes -- especially when I'm re-tuning someone's home display (can't say "TV" anymore) and cranking on something that says "brightness" means I'm cranking up the black level? ... or what is this knob doing, anyway?

Really wide gamut also doesn't make that sense for the "flat-log" look that seems to be in and out of vogue depending on whether we're going for some kind of sentimental / archive / home movie feel...  Agree, anyway, that dark performance is maybe a tougher criterion, like low-level sound in a spiffy high-wattage amplifier and perhaps speakers that need a little bit more push to get the diaphragms wheezing...

On 2014-01-29, at 8:13 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> everyone knows that brighter images look better

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4