[Tig] Revival, dustbuster etc... Experience?

Marc Wielage mfw at musictrax.com
Sun Jul 6 01:59:07 BST 2014

On 7/5/14, 6:21 AM, "justin lovell via Tig" <tig at colorist.org> wrote:

>We're looking into some restoration options and hs-art dustbuster seems to
>be the best solution we've found.  They are releasing version 7 this month
>with some major improvements.
>
>Is anyone using this?
>
>Or have any comparisons to other solutions like DaVinci revival,  Phoenix
>etc?

You could look into MTI Film's DRS Nova:

http://www.mtifilm.com/

as well as Pixel Farm's PF Clean:

http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk/product.php?productId=1

and Digital Vision's Phoenix:

http://www.digitalvision.tv/products/phoenix_film_restoration/

As far as I know, Blackmagic Design has dropped further development of
daVinci Revival and has not made a statement as to whether it'll continue
or not.

Each of these has pros and cons. In truth, I think the reality is that
many digital restoration projects wind up using several different
solutions, because no one software package can do everything. I would
contact the companies and ask for demos before investing in anything, and
see if it'll do what you expect it to do.

--Marc W.