[Tig] DMARC and its ramifications

Robert Lingelbach roblingelbach at icloud.com
Mon Jul 7 15:11:30 BST 2014

This is a direct result of DMARC, discussed at length here on the TIG.  The main ISPs yahoo, aol, gmail, and others who provide services to
domains, have decided to implement their own standards for fighting spam.  This goes against the RFC process and the IETF which have
processes in place for working with email and internet standards.

unfortunately the digest wrapping is getting hit by these one-way changes that we in the mailman and other mailman list communities are
racing to keep up with.

I suggest (and I realize this is tough advice)  change your ISP to one that doesn’t use DMARC; or change  to immediate mode (non-digest).

The write-ups on DMARC are long and I’ve been dealing with adjusting the parameters of the TIG for the last 2 months.  many apologies for
having this impact on the TIG.

see specifically

and also importantly:
https://wordtothewise.com/2014/04/brief-dmarc-primer/